Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


I am back after a 4 month absence. I have got my groove back and I plan on blogging on a regular basis again. I have so much to talk about namelythe upcoming presidential campaign, the Duke lawsuits, and the James Johnson case. Also, I will blog about any musing about pop culture, race relations, and sports. I would like to mention that today is the 145th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. While the importance of this document has been trivialized over the last 25 years. It was an important first step in ending the Civil War and the horrible institution of slavery. I wonder sometimes about my ancestor's reaction to the document. I can imagine the jubilation on their faces when it was announced that they were free. Because of the determination and preserverance of my ancestors, I am able to blog with you guys today in the greatest country in the world.