Friday, June 26, 2009

Rest in Peace Michael Joseph Jackson (1958-2009)


The world lost its last superstar entertainer, Michael Jackson yesterday in Los Angeles. He was 5o years old. I think he was the last in line of great pure entertainers from William "Bojangles" Robinson, Sammy Davis Jr, and Michael Jackson. We will never see any artist attain the type of success like "Thriller". The music world has changed drastically. Most young people download songs that they like and don't really buy albums anymore. Like many people of my generation, I grew up with Michael Jackson. In the 80's, there was a great debate whether you were a Prince person or a Michael Jackson person. Even though I preferred Prince, I respected Michael Jackson's talent greatly. Unfortunately, his racial self-hatred and obession with young boys ruined his career. I hope that he has found the peace that escaped him in this world. Rest in peace.